We are an old-style inn with extra warmth and heart located between Helsinki and Turku. We offer affordable lodging, camp and caravan sites as well as bed and breakfast for travelers on the road. We are open around the year, so you can also stop by in wintertime.
We have accommodation for 50 people in three buildings. The cuisine is traditional Finnish food and the amenities are moderate, but comfortable and homey. Here you can relax, bathe in an authentic Finnish sauna, explore the countryside or just sit by our beautiful lakeside terrace (usable even in wintertime!) and enjoy the sunset. Why not take a look at some pictures of the Inn from our image gallery?
In addition to functioning as an Inn and offering the usual B&B-services, we rent out our facilities for social occasions such as weddings, birthday celebrations, company team building days or class reunions. We also host many courses by our own staff and outside professionals.
We offer bed & breakfast, private rooms (no dorms), full board (3 meals a day) and camping/caravan sites.
Bed & Breakfast (45€/person/night) includes:
- A bed in a private room with a private bathroom (showers are in shared areas)
- A breakfast buffet with porridge, home-baked bread, cold cuts, boiled eggs, cheese, cucumber & tomato; cereal, muesli and milk; coffee & tea & juice
- Bed linen
- Use of all amenities, described below
Full Board (55€/person/night) adds lunch and dinner to the above. This is only available if there is a course going on in the house. On days when there is only house staff in, we only provide breakfast. We serve traditional Finnish foods and often make use of our great stone oven on the beach terrace for dinners. Remember to tell us about any dietary restrictions when booking a room! Note that in low season (wintertime), the Inn calms down significantly and so lunch and dinner are usually self-serve.
Children up to 7 years of age can stay free of charge. Children aged 8-16 can stay for half price.
Camping/Caravan sites (starting at 10€ person/night) have flexible arrangements – please contact us if you want to camp with us.
To all of our guests we offer:
- Private rooms for 1-6 people with self-contained bathrooms, however showers are in shared areas
- Free wi-fi everywhere on the premises
- A guest computer and printer in the study, free to use
- A comfortable lounge to relax in with lots of couches, a big television and a sizeable library of books
- Free coffee at breakfast & lunchtime, and tea at any time
- Sauna every day on the beach terrace
- A beach and a pier from which to enjoy the lake – dip in for a swim or take a boat and go rowing for a while
- Backpackers may use the kitchen to cook their own food (when not in use by the staff!)
Volunteer work and long-term stay
If you are interested in staying at the Inn for a longer period of time you can rent a room here or pay for your stay with volunteer work. This usually involves one or two of the following tasks: helping in the kitchen, cleaning, gardening, yardwork, renovating and building etc. We always welcome a helping hand. You can also pay part of your rent by working. The price for long-term stay is always negotiable, so tell us what your needs are and we’ll work out a fair deal.
Here at the Friendship Inn our mission has always been to do social good. For more than 25 years we have operated as a non-profit organization and provided a safe haven for emotional as well as physical recovery. We believe that even if someone is worse off – bankrupt, emotionally spent, burned out – they should not be denied of basic needs. The Inn is a place to recuperate regardless of financial capabilities.
We neither receive nor solicit official support from our community. Our household runs on lodging, event and course income and voluntary donations from friends of the Inn. Renovations are financed by selling goodwill stocks of Ystävyyden Majatalo Oy. By visiting us, you are supporting our cause to do good to others as well.
Some reviews from people who have visited us
– Bachelor of Philosophy, Carpenter
– IT entrepreneur